OKLAHOMA CITY SLATE ROOFING CONTRACTOR
Slate Roofing Services in Oklahoma City You Can Trust
Slate roofs are considered one of the most beautiful types of roofs you can install on your home. They are as long-lasting as they are attractive, and you can choose from either natural or synthetic slate options. Built to last a hundred years, slate is one of the more expensive roof investments you can make, but its durability and beauty make up for it tenfold.
OKC Roofers is one of the top slate roof installers in Oklahoma City. We are committed to providing you with the best roofing options for your home and budget! If you’ve been trying to decide whether or not a slate roof is right for you, give us a call and we’ll be happy to answer all of your questions!
Types of Slate Roofs We Install
Nothing says lifelong like a well-built slate roof. It is great for any area prone to wildfire because slate is 100% fireproof. Not to mention that a slate roof offers a classic beauty to any building. Before installing a natural slate roof, you need to ensure your home can handle the weight. If your home can’t hold the weight, your home may be able to be retrofitted with the assistance of a structural engineer.
Synthetic slate has the same iconic style as a stone slate, but at a fraction of the cost and weight. Traditional slate has to be built onto a reinforced frame since it can weigh anywhere from 800 to 1500 pounds per square foot. On the other hand, synthetic slate only weighs a measly 273 pounds per square foot. This weight reduction makes it far faster to install and also less expensive.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Slate Roofing
- Durable: Probably the most durable roofing material money can buy. A new stone slate roof will last for generations.
- Home-value: Because of its durability, longevity, and beauty, a slate roof will add significant value to your home. It’s one of the best materials you can put on your house, and that gets reflected in the appraisal of your property.
- Beauty: Nothing says class and style like a slate roof!
Cons of Slate Roofing
- Expensive: Quality comes at a price—slate is no exception! While synthetic slates cost less than natural stone, it’s still five times the cost of luxury asphalt shingles.
- Heavyweight: Traditional stone slate is tough to install because of its weight. This requires special equipment and expert precision from your roofer for proper installation.
Slate Roof FAQs
What kinds of slate roofs are there?
There is a traditional slate made of stone and synthetic slate that is made out of a mixture of materials.
How do you maintain a slate roof?
If you need a professional slate roof replacement in Oklahoma City, trust the experts at OKC Roofers. We’ll get the job done right! Have the team and services to help you get the best slate roof and value possible. Contact us for a free inspection today and see why we are the best in OKC!
Hire a Team of Roofing Professionals You Can Trust
If you need professional roof repair and roof replacement in Oklahoma City, trust the experts at OKC Roofers to get the job done right. As a top-rated Oklahoma City roofing contractor, OKC Roofers has the team and services to help you get the best roof and value possible. We will help keep your roof overhead in top condition so you and your family can sleep safe, sound, and protected. Contact us for a free inspection today and see why we are the best in OKC!